来源：无锡中考网整理 2013-03-02 18:13:14
1. We are glad that we are chosen to be the ______________ (主持人).
2. Nobody knows when the show will be _________________ (举行).
3. There are forty-nine floors in the building, I live on the _______________(九)floor.
4. We had an evening party yesterday, and it was a ______________ (成功).
5. If you use a microphone, it can make your voice _____________ (更响亮).
6. Tom came in _______________ (轻轻地) because his father was sleeping.
7. Project Hope is an ______________ (组织)that raises money to help poor children.
8. You should practise _______(说) English as often as possible if you want to learn English well.
9. Is there ______________ (一些事) important in today’s newspaper?
10. All the _____________(观众) felt excited when they were watching the show.
1. 举行一场慈善演出___________________ 2. 在因特网上作广告___________________
3. 在贫困地区_________________________ 4. 回到学校___________________________
5. 为……募集钱_______________________ 6. 因为……___________________________
7. 挑选我当主持人_____________________ 8. 在开始的时候_______________________
9. 在合适的时间_______________________ 10. 发出很大的声响_____________________
11. 得到……的大力支持________________ 12. 作出决定___________________________
13. 对……感兴趣_______________________ 14. 等不及……_________________________
15. 没关系_____________________________ 16. 代替……___________________________
( )1. I ______ I could fly like a bird in the sky one day.
A. want B. hope C. wish D. like
( )2. Tom can play tennis very well because he always _____ tennis after work.
A. practices playing B. practices to play C. practiced playing D. practiced to play
( )3. You must eat _____ and take _____ exercises if you want to be healthier.
A. less, less B. more, more C. less, more D. more, less
( )4. You’d better _____ these books _____ the library as soon as possible.
A. give; back B. return; back C. return back; to D. return; to
( )5. I’m very sorry _____ I didn’t write to you earlier.
A. so B. because C. that D. this
( )6. When we heard the news, all of us were very _____.
A. exciting B. excited C. interesting D. interested
( )7. What _____ the boy _____ this time yesterday?
A. did; do B. was; doing C. is; doing D. did; doing
( )8. _______ she is very old, _______ she can still work eight hours a day.
A. Because; so B. Though; but C. As; yet D. Though; yet
( )9. I ______ you for a long time. Where ______ you ______ ?
A. didn’t see; did; go B. didn’t see; have; gone
C. haven’t seen; have; been D. haven’t seen; have; gone
( )10. Our school organized a charity show to _______ money for Project Hope and we were
glad to see all the students _______ their money.
A. raise; raise B. raise; donate C. donate; donate D. donate; raise
( )11. “Why are you so happy today?” “Because I was chosen ______ of the charity show.”
A. be the host B. to be the host C. being the host D. was the host
( )12. I was late for class yesterday _______ there was something wrong with my bike.
A. so that B. because of C. so D. because
( )13. The window seems _______. Who ______ it?
A. be broken; broken B. to be broken; broke
C. have broken down; break D. broken; broken
( )14. You _______ to the meeting, why didn’t you go?
A. be invited B. will be invited C. were invited D. are invited
1. 我非常激动, 因为我的工作是介绍每个明星。
3. 他似乎病了, 你最好把他送到医院去。
4. 在贫困地区, 一些孩子因为没有钱,不得不离开学校。
5. 下个星期我们要举行一场慈善演出, 我希望得到你的支持。
8B Unit 4 参考答案
1. hosts 2. held 3.ninth 4. success 5. louder
6. quietly 7. organization 8. speaking 9. anything 10. audience
1. have/ hold a charity show 2. advertise on the Internet
3. in the poor area 4. return to the school
5. raise money for… 6. because of…
7. choose me to be the host 8. in/ at the beginning
9. at the right time 10. make a lot of noise
11. have a lot of support from… 12. make a decision
13. be interested in… 14. can’t wait to do sth./ can’t wait for sth.
15. It doesn’t matter. 16. instead of…
1—5 CACDC 6—10 BBDCB 11—14 BDBC
1. I’m very excited because my job is to introduce each star.
2. If you want to be a singer, you must work harder.
3. He seems ill. You’d better send/ take him to the hospital.
4. In the poor area, some children have to leave school because they don’t have money.
5. We’ll have a charity show next week. I hope I can get your help.
6. I hope that our show will be a success.
7. We will go to raise money for poor children tomorrow instead of going to school.
8. I think it is important for the children to learn to read and write.
9. I wish these stars would invite me to (have) lunch.
10. Last year there was a flood here because of the heavy rain.
Sandy and her classmates will hold a charity show next Wednesday. They want to raise money for the children in the poor areas in West China. Many children there can’t go to school because their parents don’t have enough money, so they have to leave school. The charity show will start at 7:00 PM and end at 9:00PM. They have invited the parents of the students and some local businessmen to the show. I hope their show will be a success.